Last year we asked for your help in co-designing Slow School by supplying us with feedback around your thoughts and experiences through a web survey. As one of 213 respondents, your input has been instrumental in directing our strategy, and we are excited to now share with you the fruits of your generously donated time and insights.
Click here for the Slow School Full Market Research Report, which was kindly conducted by Select-Engage. We’re already moving on the priorities you’ve identified for Slow School, including the following top ten key focus areas.
- Slow Shorts: a new addition to our curriculum will be 4-week-long short courses on vital conscious business topics, with emphasis on delivering real learning outcomes for participants
- Slow Dinners: we will be upping the ante on our dinner events, including getting them professionally catered and bringing in featured guest speakers for each
- Facilitators Faculty: we will continue nurturing and expanding our diverse faculty of professional facilitators, to ensure we always have the best teachers and presenters for the topics you want
- Fresh Perspectives and Approaches: a vital component of the Slow School experience for participants has been access to new points of view, fresh perspectives and novel ways of approaching things – we will endeavour to ensure we always offer cutting-edge material and a wealth of paradigm-shifting perspectives around topics that are relevant to our community
- Learning by Doing: Slow School’s emphasis on experiential collaborative learning has held immense appeal for participants, and this unique offering is one we will actively seek to enhance and expand upon in all future course offerings
- Connecting and Community Building: another of Slow School’s greatest identified strengths is participants’ ongoing opportunities to meet new people, share ideas and develop collaborative relationships with other conscious-minded business people – we will continue nurturing this aspect of the school and seek new ways to support community growth and deep connections
- Infrastructure: we are currently developing systems, tools and processes to streamline Slow School operations moving forward – thereby making everyone’s experience as rewarding and hassle-free as possible
- Alternative Times and Venue Options: the research feedback has indicated significant interest in alternative times and venues to what we have previously offered – we are therefore examining possibilities around offering events at atypical times and locations, to cater to those who have found past timeslots and location a challenge to integrate into their schedules
- Corporate Training: also in accordance with interest expressed through the survey, we are investigating opportunities for corporate partnerships and training, enabling us to extend our offerings towards bringing conscious change to the corporate environment
- Expanding Beyond Melbourne: we have received great interest across Australia in bringing Slow School to other major cities, and this type of expansion is absolutely on our agenda as we continue to build momentum
With these main points illuminating the next steps along our path, Slow School is off to a fantastic start in 2015. Thank you again for contributing your time and insights towards co-designing Slow School. We’re deeply grateful, and we look forward to continuing this journey with you.